GOALS OF METROPOLITAN AREA RATE SYSTEM
- Promoting the sustainability of the transportation network in the metropolitan area.
- Promote the use of public transport. Promote non-polluting modes of transport, and not subject to congestion.
- Increase the level of integration of the metropolitan space.
- The tariff system is homogeneous in the metropolitan area and is part of the whole metropolitan area.
- Lowers the cost of travel to users who make frequent use of public transport.
- The cost of travel in the metropolitan area is set by the source path to, and not the particular route taken or stages. Therefore, the metropolitan ro (made in a set time) is tempered, and not penalize the user who does not have a direct metropolitan connection